An Artist’s Summer Vision Board
Every season in my little alcove art studio feels different from the last. I need fresh inspiration and I feel new things start to pull me. Over the spring I concentrated on fresh colors, sunshine, and playful imagery. Now, as we are on the cusp of summer, I’m looking forward to diving into a wilder feel…the colors of secret gardens, tropical foliage, deep mountain lakes.
Any time I get to create a vision board on an actual wall (instead of Pinterest, although it’s my soulmate of the internet) I feel a zing of excitement. The process of thinking through what I want to explore, what’s moving me, and what’s engaging my curiosity is a delightful exercise for the intuition. Then the tactile satisfaction of paging through magazines for incredible images that tell the story and push me towards painting it, well, that’s just magic.
So here’s this summer’s vision board!
- 1. A gorgeous family art studio (from In Her Studio Magazine)
- 2. The alleyways of Charleston, South Carolina
- 3. A mossy green home tucked away in the bayou…so much scope for the imagination! (from Garden&Gun Magazine)
- 4. The beautiful garden studio of Cindy Hamlin (from Where Women Create Magazine)
- 5. Southern travel destinations (from Garden&Gun Magazine)
- 6. This sweet little black lab reminds me of our dog, Posie! It’s by a talented St. Augustine artist named Emma Greenhill and I adore her visual storytelling. And how she likes to include animals in her work! (something I want to work on)
- 7. The beautiful, clean, and classic cabinets from DeVol Kitchens. These are my goal cabinets!!!
I will ALWAYS be an analog magazine person. Nothing compares to the experience! And they come in handy when you need some analog inspiration on your patch of drywall!
What’s on your vision board? Do you make analog or digital boards?
*This post may contain affiliate links.